terça-feira, 10 de janeiro de 2012

International Blog!!!

Two weeks ago, after viewing blog statistics (specifically blog accesses' sources), I got surprised that my blog have accesses from 9 countries around the world like Germany, Argentina, United States, Russia, United Kingdom and Switzerland. I got most surprised because all the blog’s posts are written in Portuguese and people from some of these countries have accessed the blog a lot of times (Germany, for example, has 66 accesses). See below the accesses statistics by country.


I´m not quite sure these accesses were done by “non-Brazilian” people because I have some friends living in some of these countries, and sometimes travelling as well. However, when I posted in Facebook on December 29th that Luca was born, I received a comment from an Indian guy that I had worked with in my last company.  Join these 2 facts (blog statistics and the Indian guy comment) I decided to write a post in English to explain a little bit the blog purpose and content. However, it´s not easy to write in a single post the content from more than 60 posts (so far). But let´s try…

My original intention was to create a blog to write about the first days/months of my first baby (that now I know it´s a boy and his name is Luca). However, during Marcela (my wife) pregnancy, I have decided to create the blog earlier. I’ll try to highlight the main (main means most curious or funny) blog posts (in parenthesis you can find the original post title in Portuguese for reference):

- When everything started (Quando tudo começou – meu presente de aniversário): my wife confirmed she was pregnant on my birth date (May 4th) giving me my best birthday gift ever.

- First concerns of my wife (As primeiras preocupações da Marcela): the main concerns of my wife were related to the baby birthday (some day in the end of the year) and possible issues with gifts and birthday parties.

 - My dog’s illness (Quando Raí ficou doente): my dog (a Golden Retriever called Raí) became sick and I didn´t know who I should attend (the dog or my wife) because both were crying a lot simultaneously.

- Baby sex found out (Confirmado Menino!!!): when I discovered the baby was a boy the first thing I did was to buy some stuff of my soccer team “Sao Paulo Futebol Clube” for him.

- Trip to United States to buy baby stuff (A Saga da volta da viagem): in September my wife and I went to United States (California) to buy baby stuff like travel system, electronic babysitter and so on. Our trip back to Brazil was a long nightmare!!! This is a top 5 post in my opinion (TOP 5 – 1).

- The day my wife decided to stop to talk to me (Parou de falar comigo!!!): one day my wife simply stopped to talk to me without any reason!!! This is a top 5 as well (TOP 5 – 2).

- Diaper’s celebration (Chá de fraldas): in Brazil we have a tradition to have a party some time before the baby birth to celebrate the baby coming where the parents ask for baby general stuff or diapers. In our case we asked for diapers and the event was a success.

- Cradle full history (A Saga do berço: em busca do berço prometido): the cradle choice and purchase was a very long history specially considering we did the order in the last day the store had defined to deliver it before the baby birth.

- I’m a supporting actor ("Papagaiozão"): one day my wife said I was a supporting actor in the “process” (and this is a fact). The funny here is that she has used a “pirate parrot” joke that I´m not quite sure is applicable to other countries.

- Pregnancy book (O book de gravidez da Marcela): in Brazil it´s common to pay a Professional photographer to take pictures and create a pregnancy book focusing the mom's belly.

- To record or not the birth moment (Gravar o parto?): I was decided to record the birth moment but after knowing some histories about what it could happen in the moment I was not quite sure anymore.

- The day (Como foi o dia da chegada do Luca): in this post I had described the whole day when my son Luca was born including the trip from the city we live (Piracicaba) and the hospital city - Sao Paulo (about 100 miles). This is a top 5 as well (TOP 5 – 3).

- Luca’ soccer team choice or not (A escolha/imposição do time de futebol do Luca) – my son Luca is already a fan of Sao Paulo Futebol Clube, my soccer team as well. He can choose another soccer team, but in this case he needs to choose another father as well J

- Future Luca’s accent (Luca Chico Bento) – this post is about the accent my son will have because he will be surrounded by lots of hick accents (me, my wife and people from the city we live called Piracicaba have different hick accents). This is a top 5 as well (TOP 5 – 4).

- Baby room history (A história do quartinho do Luca) – in this post I described the whole history about the baby room preparation where my father-in-law and I did everything manually during almost a week. This is the last top 5 post in my opinion (TOP 5 – 5).

- First Luca´s days after birth (many posts): after Luca’s birth I started to write (at least) a post per day describing the Luca’s day-by-day.

Well, I hope this post can be usefull for someone who doesn't speak/write Portuguese and want to understand a little bit the blog purpose and content...

2 comentários:

  1. Valeu Dosu...como o seu portugues nao é muito bom, agora eu acabei entendendo melhor :)

    Parabens!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Obrigado pelo feedback meu amigo. Vou me matricular em algum curso de Português :-)

    Abraço, Dosu.

    ResponderExcluir